The weekends will run Thursdays and Fridays 5-9
Saturdays and Sundays 8am-8pm
Pilar Taylor E-RYT 200, 500, YACEP
Haley Duggan MPH, E-RYT 200
Teresa Callahan E-RYT 200, 500, 1008 hour completion, YACEP
Ally Edwards DPT, Doctor of Physical Therapy, RYT 200
$2950/$200 off if registered prior to 8/15/2021 use CODE: TTDiscount when purchasing
Includes a gigantic Teacher Manual
Includes free classes at Yoga Lab Bham while training
The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys Volume I by Ray Long MD FRCSC, Chris Macivor
How Yoga Works, by Geshe Michael Roach
The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Embrace Yoga’s Roots: Courageous Ways to Deepen Your Yoga Practice by Susanna Barkataki
Sacred Sound by Alanna Kaivalya
The Path of the Yoga Sutras by Nicolai Bachman
The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
The Inner Tradition of Yoga by Michael Stone
Yoga for A World Out of Balance by Michael Stone
Chakra Balancing by Anodea Judith
Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little
The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume II by Ray Long
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: A New Translation with Commentary, by Chip Hartranft
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, by Deepak Chopra
Buddha’s Brain: the practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, & Wisdom, by Rick Hanson
Meditations From the Mat, by Rolf Gates
Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life, bu Judith Hanson Lasater
Are you ready for a deep dive into yoga? Are you ready to expand your knowledge and understanding of this practice, it’s lineage, and practical applications of the practice in this modern world? This program will be all of that and more. We will study techniques, teaching methodology, anatomy, physiology, yoga philosophy, and ethical teaching. But more than anything, we will practice and practice teaching.
Practice each day
Requirements outside the scheduled weekends
Practicing yoga and meditation
Practice teaching yoga
Techniques, Training and Practice: 100 Hours
asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours will be a mix between: 1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and 2) guided practice of the techniques themselves.
Teaching Methodology: 25 Hours
Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries.
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations, to the degree possible in a group setting.
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting.
- Teaching styles.
- Qualities of a teacher.
- The student learning process.
- Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal).
Anatomy and Physiology: 20 Hours*
Topics in this category will include :human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and may also include energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.).
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 Hours
- The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts (such as the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika or Bhagavad Gita)
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma.
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community.
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others through yoga (seva)
Practicum: 10 Hours
- Practice teaching (does not include assisting, observing or giving feedback).
- Receiving and giving feedback.
- Observing others teaching.
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching.
If you are interested in a payment plan option of $500/month for 6 months please use this contact form so that I can contact you and we can set up it up as an account balance that will fulfill the payment of the training. Payments will begin September 1, 2021 and end February 1, 2022. You will automatically be enrolled by agreeing to the payment plan.
Please note: Entirety of payment is FULLY REFUNDABLE if training is canceled. If you decide to cancel prior to the start date you will forfeit $100